This is a detached house of 60sqr meters in a 700 sqr meters plot of land. It is in a beautiful Olive Grove near the traditional Greek village of Keratea in Attiki, mainland Greece. As well as the house, there are
three more buildings in the garden, which are surrounded by a beautiful 30-year-old established garden full of olive, fruit and palm trees.
This lovely summer house in the countryside is at Saint Serafim which is about 45 minutes from the capital city of Athens, 20 minutes from Athens international airport and 8 minutes from the nearest
beach. There are many interesting towns & villages nearby as well as archaeological sites, harbors, marinas, markets, beaches with water sports & diving. Piraeus & Lavrio ports are not far away, where you
can catch a boat, ship or flying dolphin to any of the Greek islands. The capital city of Athens is a world heritage site, full of history, mythology, museums, famous markets, major shopping areas, galleries and the hustle and Hassle of world-class city life.
The buildings included in this property are:-
* MAIN HOUSE - with 1 bedroom, open plan lounge with real fireplace, open country kitchen/breakfast table and bathroom. The whole summer house floor is laid with shiny white tiles.
* GARDEN BEDROOM WITH EN-SUITE – with built-in wardrobes. There is a window with wooden shutters.
* BBQ AREA & GARDEN KITCHEN - inc outdoor spit & fully stocked 2nd kitchen with fridge and hob and large patio & seating area. outdoor lighting and pergola to provide some shade from the sun.
*OUTDOOR DINING AREA – under the shade with pergola and surrounded by trees for more shade. An outdoor fridge and dining table and chairs are there at present.
*GARDEN BATHROOM /UTILITY – with double shower.
* A STRONG FOUNDATION TO BUILD A LARGE HOUSE ABOVE - This area on the roof is currently used for sunbathing or a children's mobile pool, but is large enough to build another house.
* ADJOINING LAND -You could also buy the plot adjoining which is double the size with a studio conversion, olive trees, office/kitchen container & large patio foundation already on it. £260,000 in total for both properties.
The entrance to the property is from Irene’s Road (named after my mother in law), a country road in the Olive Grove. This leads up to the front gardens double iron gates and onto the driveway towards
the house. There is a courtyard central to the en-suite, garden dining room & entrance to the main house & terrace with seating area (used in winter).
The 2 beautiful sandy beaches are only a short drive away where you will find amenities of- sunbeds, umbrellas, bars, cafeterias, taverna’s, open-air cinema, kiosks, bakery, basketball court, children’s park, beach volleyball and a little church at Kaki Thalassa.
The house is only a walk away from the well-supplied village with local amenities:- bakeries, shops,
supermarkets, tavernas, banks, schools, churches, souvlaki shops, winery, post office, pool bar, etc.
Keratea is open all year round in both summer and winter. It is a great place to live or have a summer house to escape to. The air is unpolluted, observing a million stars at night. The location is a perfect sanctuary for peace and quiet and for easy access to many beaches on both coasts, to enjoy the hustle and Hassle of city living and amenities in Athens and to meet all your daily needs. It is a good area to fish, hike, explore history, for conservation, bike riding or to socialise. This location is perfect for all your needs!
can be furnished or unfurnished. There is traditional & classical greek furniture there at the moment.